Friday, September 27, 2013

Cars

                   When you hear the word “Cars”, what comes to your mind? Four wheels? Vroom-vroom? That’s how most people view it, but I view it on a broader way. Last night, I went to Car Club at Virginia Tech’s swap meet. First I should define what a swap meet is, it is where car’s meet, and members show off their car. There, car owners talk with other members about new modifications and other improvements they can do to make their car go fast or look better. I must say, it was an experience. It was my first time actually going into a car meet. I have always wanted to go to a car meet but I never got a chance to until last night. I consider myself lucky to be a part of CCVT. Currently I am in the Wheel-Lug nut program. I am currently assigned a mentor (Wheel) and I am the Lug nut (mentee). The idea is pretty cool and creative. My mentor, Kyle, drives a Mazda 3 Hatchback and I was very fortunate to sit in the passenger’s seat while he revs and cut through corners. That is the type of driving I prefer; reckless but careful at the same time.             
                     In my opinion cars are more than just vehicles. It is a lifestyle. The people I met at CCVT eat, talk, and dream about cars. Owners use cars as way to portray themselves. Some keep them very simple, while other cars are flashy. My Ford Explorer had massive tints on it, blacked out headlights and other accessories on it. This car, however, did not pass the state inspection due to the tints and other modifications on it. I guess this shows my rebellious ideas or it just shows my ignorance about the laws and regulations. My passion for cars has inspired me in a lot of ways. It has taught me that hard work does pay off. Also, being creative and innovative would be very helpful in the process of fixing and designing a vehicle. For all of you drivers out there, take care of your ride. 


3 comments:

  1. Back where I lived, every Friday night at a McDonalds near my high school, people brought out their classic and new cars to show to anyone who cared to stop by. While I never stopped to look, you could see how much their vehicle meant to them. So it does become a huge part of your life. But this sounds like a cool program and good luck being the "lug nut"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun!!! On my way to North Carolina this weekend with the western team. we saw a car swap or meet outside of a business's parking lot but it was kinda like a ride for the cure situation but with motorcycles. I do not know much about cars just trucks but that hatchback sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems interesting to hang out with people with same interesting. I was heard that the car club will organize some self-driving travels this year. Blacksburg have a beautiful natural view. I think it will have lots of fun if you join it.

    ReplyDelete