Friday, November 15, 2013

It all started with a few dollars

Buying and collecting cars, a habit that starts during the childhood years in most people. For me at least, I can say that I have been a car fanatic ever since I was a kid. In the photo, we can see the child choosing buying Hot Wheels, a company that produces collectible toy cars. When I was a kid, my grandfather would spoil me and bring me to the mall so I can buy my Hot Wheels. It all started with a few dollars till I stopped messing around with 2 inch cars and moved on to bigger and better things. $1.97 was what the cost to make me happy, however that is not the case today. Bigger and better things also relates to the price/cost of what I am spending on my car so far. Currently, I have installed a performance muffler, deleted the resonator and have custom pipes on my exhaust; this totaling, not $1.97, but around $150. Also, I have a short ram air intake which is basically a new intake kit, which took $50 out of my pocket. What a big change. All the upgrades that I want on my car will cost more than the actual price of the car. Crazy huh? I am saving up to buy a suspension kit which can total to about $1500+, however, that would really take a while, considering the fact that I am not working. Also, maintaining the car can also cost a lot. I paid $80 to get all the fluids checked and replaced and will pay another $80 to get new tires, mount them on, and balance them. I know it is very expensive and sometimes it makes me upset knowing the fact that the money in my bank account is decreasing rather than increasing, but whenever I take it on a drive to mountains and such, it makes me happy. It is not always about the miles per gallon; it is about the smiles per gallon. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember back in the good ole days when I had like dozens of matchbox cars and loved looking at them. I still have most of them in my closet at home. Same with Legos for me. I started with the small stuff and a few years ago, I started getting the more complex ones and love the challenge.

    ReplyDelete