Friday, November 1, 2013

MORE CAR POST!!



                     Progress is being made, slowly but surely. The Jetta has been receiving the care it needs. I have installed xenon white headlights, along with eye brows for the headlights. As great as this sounds, there is more work that needs to be done, especially within the engine bay. Last Monday, I took the car to an automotive shop in Christiansburg, where it got its oil and filter changed, as well as the steering wheel fluid and the coolant. I wanted the car to be ready for a 3 hour drive to Elon, NC to see my girlfriend. However, the oil leak that I talked about earlier stopped me. Turns out my PCV Valve, a valve that lets the engine breathe, has been leaking pretty bad. This causes everything to be clogged inside the engine, this releasing pressure out which causes the oil to splurge all over. This also clogs the coolant hose, which creates a pressure within the reservoir. This is not good because an engine is not supposed to have such problem. It should be an easy fix, however I don’t have the time to do so. Although I can get it fix for the price of $350. I guess this explains why time is money.
                      On the other hand, I have put this car up on craigslist for sale or trade. I am looking for a more reliable car. Currently I am looking at this Honda civic, which is jam packed with all upgrades, which is what I want. However, the price is way over my budget. The owner and I have been discussing a deal, which might be a possible trade along with cash. I don’t know how everything will turn out, but time is money. 



No comments:

Post a Comment