Friday, October 25, 2013

New Shoes + Updates

There have been a few improvements that has been done to my car. My Jetta got new shoes! That is right. I saw a post on Craigslist about someone needing to traded wheels because he and his fiancé is expecting a baby, and they need wheels like mine to be painted pink for their baby girl. Anyways, it was really nice of them to drive two hours down to Christiansburg, and to meet me. The Dad has been a mechanic all his life. What is really cool about it is that he drives the same car as mine. A 2001 Volkswagen Jetta, except his was a turbo version. We traded wheels on a parking lot, one wheel after another. Since he drives the same car and knows a lot about it, he taught me about how to cool a Jetta engine down when it is overheating and other pro tips about the Jetta, turns out that almost every Jetta has a bumper problem; where the front bumper falls off. It was really nice of them to trade me an $800 set of wheels for a stock factory rims.
                There are more work that is needed to be done to the car. Tomorrow, I will bring the car to the shop for an oil change, leak fix, wheel balancing, and wheel alignment. I would’ve done some of it with the help of the Car Club such as oil change but I just don’t have the time with all this work that I have for school. Priorities. Currently, there are parts that are being shipped for the car. I have ordered a performance muffler, and bright white xenon headlights. I am very excited about this purchase and I will definitely be posting more about my car! 


2 comments:

  1. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ptchan.net/con/src/138066979528.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ptchan.net/con/4.html&h=432&w=576&sz=33&tbnid=IbQVCzVGUiZS3M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&zoom=1&usg=__JUimuC1X2PhAipzrxTc96tuAzjE=&docid=Ct03HEgGzNq4HM&sa=X&ei=0NNqUuKsBvKo4AObzYCQBg&sqi=2&ved=0CCsQ9QEwAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you got more out of the trade than he did. But the car should look pretty good after you make all these improvements. Looking forward to see more about this later.

    ReplyDelete